Hi all, not sure if this is the right place but couldn’t see anywhere else to put it. Feel free to move it.

Anyway, I am living next to major roadworks which through evening work, general noise, cutting through our electricity supply and disruptions to travel for me locally. I had been informed by a neighbour that, living so close, we are able to claim compensation.

On the grapevine I had heard that roadworks to replace lamposts on a street had provided compensation sums of around £1000-£2000 for residents. Obviously taking that with a pinch of salt.

However I have been unable to find anything about claiming compensation for anything other than loss of value when it comes to property. I am a private tenant currently.

Can anyone help point me in the right direction/provide information/help?

Debt Free Wannabe!
Loan Debt: £25,000 – Feb £19800 (79.2%)
CC: £8307 – Feb £8307 (100%)
House Deposit: £800.11