Caught a Jamie Oliver Xmas show the other day and he dehydrated some figs until they were like wine gums and served them with a cheese board.
I have found the recipe here and it seems you can preserve these by placing them in honey, but I had a few questions I hope someone can help me with:
1. Where can I buy figs relatively cheaply this time of year?
2. How long will the honey preserve them for?
3. I have a dehydrator so would dehydrate them in there. How long would it take if it takes 10hrs in an oven?
4. Could I put some walnuts in with the figs in the honey? Thought they would be nice together…
5. Do I need to heat the honey before bottling? I will obviously sterilise the jars.