Hi All,

I just did a bit of work for a company not related to my normal PAYE day job and have been offered a cheque for the services in return for an invoice.

Now I should have thought about this before now, but how on earth do I handle a one off cheque tax wise, do I just inform HMRC of extra income they will be unaware of and let them adjust things? I don’t have a company set up and likely won’t be in this situation again.