A friend of mine is selling his house and a ‘mine entry’ has been found within 20 metres of the property boundary. His solicitor is now requesting that he pay £110 for a ‘Mine entry interpretive report’. How come the seller has to pay for this? The solicitor says he is in his rights to refuse to pay for the report and could wait for the buyer reaction…….. but has mentioned ‘good title'(?)

Anyone had any experience of this? I thought the buyer had to pay for any reports? Thanks